Pimientos al Horno con Atún y Pecanas -Stuffed Bell Peppers with Tuna and Pecan Nuts
- 200g tuna filet
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 2 finely chopped cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp. Uku panca chili paste
- 1 tbsp. Uku yellow chili paste
- 1 tbsp. Uku rocoto chili paste
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped thyme or herbs de provence
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped parsley
- 100g chopped pecan nuts
- 50g mozzarella
- 3 bell peppers in your preferred colors
- A beetroot
- 1 splash of white wine
- Salt and pepper to taste
Chop the tuna into very fine pieces and set it aside.
Cut the lid of the bell peppers, and remove the seeds and white ribs with a spoon. Rinse and set aside.
Cut the beetroot using a spiralizer, place it in ice cold water and set aside.
Heat a splash of oil in a pot and fry the finely chopped onion and garlic in the warm oil for 2-3 minutes. Then add Uku panca, rocoto and yellow chili paste, the finely chopped tuna and white wine and let it all boil for a couple of minutes. Season and turn off the heat. Finish off by adding pecan nuts and parsley.
Fill the bell peppers with stuffing, place some mozzarella on each, and put the lids back on them.
Bake the stuffed bell peppers in the oven for 15 minutes at 180°C.
Serve decorated with the spiralized beetroot.